The most anticipated album of 2017 -or at least for me- finally arrived!
You have no idea about my excitement for this masterpiece since back in August when Taylor started hinting about it.
We got a lot of work to do! 15 tracks to review, plus the interview I had today on Hot 94.1 FM regarding Taylor Swift’s reputation.
…Are you ready for it? 💥
- …Ready For It? — This is how an awesome album starts: a lot of energy, power, and confidence. …Ready For It?, Welcome To New York, and State Of Grace are my three favorite first-track-of-the-album. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- End Game (feat. Ed Sheeran & Future) — Back in August, when Taylor started hinting reputation, I thought that it was going to be that kind of album that doesn’t include a collaboration (Like 1989). But I think I was wrong and really surprised in a good way. The mix from Taylor’s, Ed’s, and Future’s voice is simply amazing. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- I Did Something Bad — Favorite Album Track Alert! I cannot describe the power, energy, and strength I feel when I listen to this track. The beat is just sick. It’s certainly my favorite from reputation. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Don’t Blame Me — When Joseph Kahn, her 1989 and reputation music video director, tweeted about this song yesterday, I could confirm that it was going to be awesome. Lyrically, it’s perfect. I have nothing to say against. I believe this could be Taylor’s upcoming single. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Delicate — I loved this song from the very first second I listened to it. It has a catchy beat that will be stuck in your mind for a while. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Look What You Made Me Do — It was really funny to listen to LWYMMD this morning and behave like it was the first time listening to it, haha. For me, despite …RFI? it’s the first track of the album, LWYMMD introduced this new era. And I will love this song, rhythmically, and lyrically until the end of time. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- So It Goes… — A good -catchy- song. For me, this one is the Out Of The Woods from reputation (you repeat over and over again the lyrics). ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Gorgeous — I remember that the first time I listened to Gorgeous I didn’t understand what was happening. I was expecting another tune with a lot of strength like the previously released songs. But, immediately, I recalled that although “the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now… Why? Oh, ’cause she’s dead,” she still is the same girl we all know. (P.S.: the voice at the beginning of the song belongs to James Reynolds, Ryan Reynolds, and Blake Lively’s daughter. To be aware of this fact makes me love it more). ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Getaway Car — Despite I can feel the beat and sing-along to this song, I’m not 100% into it. I think I need to stop and listen very carefully to appreciate it 360º (Maybe I can’t relate to it that much). ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- King Of My Heart — I like very much the sound of this song. And I think I really do because, although we must love ourselves first, we also expect someone to do the same for us. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Dancing With Our Hands Tied — Did you started swinging from left to right? ‘Cause I did when the song just started. I don’t know about you, but Electro-Pop is one of my favorite Pop sub-genres (And I think this song has something from another decade too. I love it). ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Dress — This song gave me I Don’t Wanna Live Forever vibes (It’s really cool). There are many songs in reputation that could be outstanding for Fifty Shades of Grey. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things — A reeeeeally good song. I’m obsessed with the lyrics, sound, and rhythm. You must listen to it! (And I bet you’ll be singing like crazy). ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Call It What You Want — I must confess that I didn’t take too much time to memorize this song lyrics. When I listen to this one I suddenly calm down. It’s cool how Taylor can affect my mood in a good way. I love this one very much. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- New Year’s Day — When I found out that the 15 personas that Taylor introduced at the end of LWYMMD music video portrayed the 15 tracks of reputation I thought immediately that this song title would be Reputation. But, again, I was wrong, haha. Despite I need to work with this song like with Getaway Car, I like it because it was completely unexpected to me. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
reputation ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and a half 💫
There will be no further explanation.
There will just be reputation.
– Taylor Swift.
In this interview at Hot 94.1 FM, I had the opportunity to talk about my idol, Taylor Swift. 👩🏼
A whole new album, song meanings, and more!
Listen to my interview below. 🤘🏼👦🏻